After 5 Years of CrossFit and 52lbs down in weight, Don will truly inspire you with all his hard work in and out of the gym.
A little bit about him:
•Married with 4 kids (Donald/24, Angela/22, Jacob/19, Alyssa/17)
•He has lost 52 pounds!
•Attends classes 4 times a week!
It’s common to see Don with a notebook and pencil, being aware and intentional of what he’s doing and working toward in classes. There’s also a wit to him that may catch you off guard before you burst into laughter.
Here are 10 questions to get to know him and his Crossfit journey a little more! We all should watch out for No. 4!
1. What’s your athletic background?
I played a lot of intramural sports. My friends and I would play baseball, basketball and football nearly every day. I lifted weights and ran in college. Always did a lot of walking.
2. When did you start working out at CrossFit Osiris?
I started CrossFit with Devon in September of 2013. I have been with CrossFit Osiris since May of 2017.
3. What keeps you coming back?
I keep coming back because my body feels better after working out.
4. If you could write the WOD, what would it be?
One of my favorite WODS
30 Front Squats
30 Hang Cleans
30 Shoulder to Overhead
EMOM 5 burpees starting with the burpees.
5. What are some of your goals, fitness or personal?
I need to lose 50 more pounds and getting out of debt.
6. List one or two improvements you have seen in your life since starting CrossFit.
I eat healthier, I have more energy, and nothing seems particularly hard after doing Murph.
7. How do you like to spend your free time?
I play guitar, well I fool around with a guitar.
8. What’s your favorite cheat meal?
9. What would you say to someone thinking about starting CrossFit?
The workouts are hard and they are not fun, but they are rewarding. If you are joining to change your body, you need to change what you eat. The community helps a lot.
10. Anything else you’d like to share about yourself?
I am rather introverted, but will always try to give a thoughtful answer.