Meet our Athlete of the Month for December, Erik Loftsgaarden ! This guy loves music, his family/friends and burpees!
Meet our Athlete of the Month for December, Erik Loftsgaarden ! This guy loves music, his family/friends and burpees! Well that last one he’s learning the love/hate relationship with them. He is kind, attentive, funny and motivated!
1. What’s your athletic background?
I grew up playing sports! Basketball & soccer when I was younger followed by wrestling, football, & track in high school. Since then, the most athletic activity I’ve done consistently is golfing (if that counts?).
2. When did you start working out at CrossFit Osiris?
Officially I joined in April 2019, but I was pretty inconsistent until August.
3. What keeps you coming back?
So many things:
a. Everyone, and I mean everyone, is so supportive! The sense of community is real.
b. It is just a fun place to be. Even when the workout sucks, I still enjoy being there.
c. The sense of accomplishment I feel after every workout
4. If you could write the WOD, what would it be?
250M Row,10 Deadlift, 10 Box Jumps, 500M Row; 20 Deadlift, 20 Box Jumps, 750M Row,30 Deadlift,30 Box Jumps, 500M Row, 20 Deadlift, 20 Box Jumps, 250M Row,10 Deadlift, 10 Box Jumps
5. What are some of your goals, fitness or personal?
I’m ½ through my MBA, so that is priority #1. Aside from that, my fitness goals are to continue improving mobility, strength and cardio endurance. I’d like to get to the point where I can regularly RX workouts.
6. List one or two improvements you have seen in your life since starting CrossFit.
Well, all of my clothes fit better haha. Additionally, I’m eating and sleeping better too as a result of getting regular exercise.
7. How do you like to spend your free time?
Going to brunch with Pam. Golfing with friends. Playing and writing music.
8. What’s your favorite cheat meal?
Pizza Hut breadsticks and stuffed crust pizza…
9. What would you say to someone thinking about starting CrossFit?
Commit to 3 classes a week for a couple months and you will see and feel real results. Don’t worry if it is “for you”. CrossFit is for everyone.
10. Anything else you’d like to share about yourself?
This seems like a good opportunity to thank everyone at Osiris, coaches and athletes included, for their support. If it weren’t for the people, it would be a lot harder to keep coming back.
11. How often do you attend classes?
4 classes per week, 5 if I’m feeling extra motivated.