Busy-working-wife-and-mom who makes her fitness a priority so she can kick butt for her family!
Meet our April Athlete of the Month, Jennifer Novarro! She’s your typical (or not so typical) busy-working-wife-and-mom who makes herself a priority so she can kick butt for her family! April is also her birthday month! Keep inspiring, motivating and crushing your goals Jennifer!
1. What’s your athletic background? Honestly, I am not that athletic even though I like to think I am :) I ran track in high school and being that I was a whopping 98lb girl with no upper body strength, they ironically made me participate in Shot Put as well as running. It was definitely a sight to see. I continued to run after high school. I ran my first and only marathon in October 2015. I continue to enjoy running medium distances, 10K is my favorite.
2. When did you start working out at CrossFit Osiris? I started at Osiris in December 2017.
3. What keeps you coming back? – Above and beyond any other fitness facility is the family environment. Vanessa, Brandon and all the coaches treat everyone with respect, empathy and really enforce a support structure that makes me want to come every day. The banter helps too :)
4. If you could write the WOD, what would it be? We recently did one – 30 burpees, 60 KB swings, 90 Wall Balls. Those are some of my favorite movements
5. What are some of your goals, fitness or personal? Very specific – 1 strict unassisted pull-up and nailing those Dubs! More broadly, I want to increase my overall upper body strength and mobility. Personally, I am looking forward to retiring in 5-7 years (you are forwarding this to my husband, right??)
6. List one or two improvements you have seen in your life since starting CrossFit. Definitely more upper body strength and more energy.
7. How do you like to spend your free time? SLEEP, in my dream world. With 3 very active kids, I really enjoy watching them excel at their sports and being able to help them stay fit and healthy. I also enjoy cooking and puppy snuggles. I am constantly covered in fur.
8. What’s your favorite cheat meal? Hands down, Bruschetta (Green Mill Style – Texas toast, garlic butter, mozzarella, tomatoes, olive tapenade and balsamic) and a bottle of wine. Yes, I said bottle because is it really a cheat meal otherwise?? My second choice would be a bucket of Blazin wings from BW3 and as many beers as needed to complete said bucket.
9. What would you say to someone thinking about starting CrossFit? DO IT NOW! Everyone has a starting point and coming in with a purpose of improving, being accountable and using yourself as competition will result in success.
10. Anything else you’d like to share about yourself? I’m an extreme introvert, I am obsessed with the tv show “Beat Bobby Flay,” Dog Person – although I do love my evil cat, Biggest Pet Peeve – long winded emails that serve no purpose other than wasting minutes of my day, My celebrity crush – Luke Perry (RIP Luke!), If I had a super power, I would want the power of teleportation, My WWE Intro song: Rollin – Limp Bizkit (for the pure beat of it).