Rebekka Molenaar will blow you away, challenge your own physical fitness, while encouraging YOU on how much YOU can do!
Rebekka Molenaar will blow you away, challenge your own physical fitness, while encouraging YOU on how much YOU can do! She’s patient, accepts feedback/coaching and is consistent! See below to learn a little more about Rebekka:
What’s your athletic background?
Aside from being on danceline in high school, I’ve been taking a wide variety of group fitness classes since 1996 and, because there were no classes available at convenient times, began occasionally running in 1997. Within the past 10-15 years, I’ve discovered the joy of yoga, cardio kickboxing, and road biking, all of which I still do on a regular basis.
When did you start working out at CrossFit Osiris?
April 2018. I was so nervous right before my first class! But everyone, especially Heather, made me feel like I was in the right place.
What keeps you coming back?
The stellar coaching, the supportive, encouraging atmosphere, the feeling of success as I make small, incremental improvements to my technique, and the sheer joy of tackling kick-ass workouts together.
If you could write the WOD, what would it be?
7 Rounds for Time:
- 7 box jumps, 7 handstand push-ups, 7 power cleans, 7 thrusters, 7 rollouts with the barbell, 7 burpees with a lateral jump over the barbell, 7 toes to bar
Finish with a sprinting Tabata
What are some of your goals, fitness or personal?
The ability to do:
(1) Cleans and snatches consistently correctly (2) Overhead squats without being sore for a week afterward (3) A strict pull-up, then kipping pull-ups (4) 200 push-ups on my toes (5) Unbroken double-unders (6) Full-depth handstand push-ups (7) Unbroken toes-to-bar even when I’m fatigued
List one or two improvements you have seen in your life since starting CrossFit.
Physical and mental confidence go hand in hand. The confidence I’m gaining in the box shows itself outside the box too. I’m better able to handle challenging situations and am more comfortable in my own skin. Also, I have less chronic pain due to the cross-training nature of CrossFit making me stronger and more mobile in all the right places. We don’t overuse anything. Finally, my clothes fit more loosely as my body composition is slowly but surely becoming leaner.
How do you like to spend your free time?
Reading, spending time with loved ones, teaching cycling and yoga classes
What’s your favorite cheat meal?
All the desserts!
What would you say to someone thinking about starting CrossFit?
Do it! And once you’re here:
- Start where you are. Don’t try to do too much too soon and don’t compare yourself to others. We were all beginners once.
- Pay no attention to the self-disparaging voices in your head. Celebrate the small successes. A series of small successes leads big gains.
- Trust the process. 90% of the battle is won by showing up. Just keep showing up.
- Focus on the internal motivators: how good it feels to move, how exhilarated you feel after a wod, how fun it was to partner up, how connected you feel to other athletes, how much stronger you feel than before, how much more you can endure, how very alive you feel.
Anything else you’d like to share about yourself?
I am in the movie Purple Rain.
How many days a week do you attend Osiris?