Our September Athlete of the Month is guaranteed to make you laugh (or roll your eyes).
Our September Athlete of the Month is guaranteed to make you laugh (or roll your eyes). His love for having the best time (YOLO), fashion, and telling a crazy story is something to beat. He has spunk and is fierce in all he does. We’re glad to have him a part of the Osiris family. Keep being YOU and being AWESOME Zach! You’re are a BA!
1. What’s your athletic background?
Kind of all over the place. I grew up doing dance and gymnastics, started swimming in middle school and competed throughout college.
2. When did you start working out at CrossFit Osiris?
About to come up on my first anniversary!
3. What keeps you coming back?
The people… The coaches are awesome… very encouraging with only minimal shaming. The other athletes are like a family… some crazies, but what family doesn’t have those?
4. If you could write the WOD, what would it be?
For time: 50 Push Press – 100 Hand Stand Push Ups – 100ft Hand Stand Walk – 50 Push Press
5. What are some of your goals, fitness or personal?
In the words of Beyoncé, “My aspiration in life would be to be happy”… oh and to be able to do 30 Muscle Ups for time.
6. List one or two improvements you’ve seen in your life since starting CrossFit.
I sleep better… Mostly because I’m pooped from the workouts. And I tend to eat better because I feel guilty doing all of that work at the box and then ruining it in the kitchen.
7. How do you like to spend your free time?
Feeling absolutely zero guilt about watching trashy TV.
8. What’s your favorite cheat meal?
Pizza… from Dominos. With their stuffed cheesy bread. And lava cakes.
9. What would you say to someone thinking about starting CrossFit?
Just keep going… Don’t be intimidated by what’s on the board, because chances are there’s a scaled version that’s right for you… And stick with it because you’ll make your coworkers so jealous with all of the stories you’ll be able to tell about you and your gym friends.
10. Anything else you’d like to share about yourself?
Um… not sure… I guess if you want to set me up on a blind date, that’d be cool?
11. How often do you attend classes?
Anywhere from 4-6
#september #athlete #BA #crossfitosiris #community #motivation #consistency #paysoff #nutrition