We will use this for gym updates and changes due to the Covid 19 Virus.
Hey CrossFit Osiris family,
We wanted to use this page to talk a little about health.
Whether the world is experiencing a global pandemic or not, your immune system is the first line of defense against any type of sickness.
A strong immune system plays a huge role in whether a person gets sick, how long sickness lasts, and sometimes, whether a person survives or not.
As you know, the world is being overwhelmed by the coronavirus, COVID-19.
While the hype is certainly real, the severity of this outbreak cannot be ignored.
Our #1 priority is your health. As we safely reopened our doors, we will continue taking extra precautions at the gym to help keep you and your loved ones safe.
You must wash your hands/sanitize upon entering and leaving the gym. Hand Sanitizer stations are at the door for your convenience.
We have stocked up on extra cleaning solutions. Our culture is already very good about cleaning our equipment and we want to encourage you to continue to do so. If you want to be extra safe, wipe before as well.
We’ll be adding and additional day of deep cleaning to our already routine cleaning schedule to include additional bathroom and main floor cleaning.
Our coaches will be helping make sure everything is wiped down after use, wiping down doors and other high traffic areas as well. Feel free to jump in and help them out!
If you are feeling unwell, or have any symptoms of illness, we advise you to stay home. No kiddos allowed in the gym at this time, even if it’s only to hang out. We want to keep them safe and at a distance while you workout as well!
Let’s continue to be diligent in our cleanliness not only for ourselves but for our entire gym family.
Check the CDC for the latest information.
Let's run through a few points...
...to remind everyone what they can do to keep those immune systems fired up.
- Breathe. Your breath is incredible and the most important tool for good health. It is your foundation. If you know nothing of breath work, you’ll find safety information HERE and a breath-work exercise HERE.
- Sleep. Sleep is a place for recovery. For the best sleep:
- Turn off screens and dampen the lighting in your home 2-3 hours before bed.
- Stop eating 2-3 hours before bed. Digestion is work. We don’t work while we sleep.
- Very light breath work as you are lying down to fall asleep
- Mushrooms. Reishi, Turkey Tail, and Agarikon mushrooms/supplements have been shown to have incredible effects on human immune systems.
- Nutrition. I’ll leave this one to Michael Pollan – “Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants.” Need more help? We have Nutrition Coaches here on staff to help you!
- Water. Do it. Start every day with a cold shower, an ice bath, a cold water douse, etc. Trust me on this. And drink plenty of it. You’re made of it.
Please reach out with any questions, comments, concerns or ideas.